Meet the Team
– I aim to expand our outreach to create a more inclusive society that is able to cater to Muslim and non-Muslim students from a diverse range of backgrounds.
– I intend to develop a strong relationship with the university and SU to ensure the voice of Muslim students is heard both on campus and on a national level.
– I hope to enhance ISoc’s sustainability, developing a society that can continue to serve Muslims and non-Muslims on campus and in the wider community for many years to come
– To ensure that I’m always present and available as a point of contact for any queries and worries that brothers may have.
– To ensure that the committee brothers are given enough support to be able to achieve their goals in their roles.
– to ensure that the ISoc is in good financial standing throughout the year and at the end of my term
– to increase our online presence
– to ensure all events are publicised sufficiently on multiple platforms
– to ensure that the concerns of every sister is heard and dealt with
– to provide tailored support to encourage positive growth and development of the committee.
– to increase our volunteering team
– organise career workshops and talks
-Making the chaplain service more apparent and accessible to students
-Increasing girls’ participation in sports
-Launch a campaign to create more dialogue within our community about taboo topics
–to improve the general secretary services by maintaining a healthy relationship between the society and the SU
-to build a strong backbone that will contribute to the year round success of events and stalls
Akram Abdel Gadir
– To ensure there is a welcoming Islamic environment at North campus
– To give students chances to involve themselves in charitable work in different ways
-To introduce a language exchanging platform
– Increased recognition of what Manchester ISoc has to offer
– Maintain the large amount of events that ISoc held last year, at the same high quality.
– I want try and make ISoc more inclusive for everyone
– Try and collaborate and get MMU more involved with some of our events
– Try and give a more accurate representation of the Muslim body on campus
– Strive to ensure spiritual development is at the forefront of ISoc
– Establish an all loving environment where every individual feels valued
– Inspire personal growth and independent learning
– Solidify foundations of ISoc to ensure efficiency and sustainability
-Raise awareness of mental health issues, particularly debunking stereotypes formed by cultural beliefs
-Develop and expand the newly established ISoc blog
-Create a support network within ISoc so members feel like they belong to a caring Muslim community
– Make all members of Isoc feel welcomed as part a family where they feel at ease
-Help increase the Isoc’s outreach on social media
– Increase the amount of academic and pastoral support available to members in addition to helping students improve their deen.
Sumayya El Haouari
– to educate and inspire
– to make ISoc more inclusive and relevant to the masses
– Aim to make ISoc a place of spiritual development
– Continue to build on the existing charity initiatives
– Improve existing peer mentoring/buddy schemes to provide support (e.g. Academic, social)
-I aim to help make ISoc become inclusive, open and active
-To introduce new sports, such as swimming, to ISoc sisters this year
– To increase international student participation in ISoc
– To increase the regularity of charity projects such as care home visits and “feed the homeless” walks
– To ensure ISoc is welcoming and reaching out to as many muslims and non-muslims on campus
– Participate in campaigns about important current issues
– Come up with creative and different social activities and events
– to encourage more people to join ISoc and attend events
– to support those who are having difficulties with their time at university
– to help others further their spiritual education through ISoc
Hafsa Al Rifai
– To ensure that all members feel like part of a family here at ISoc
-To help create and organise events where members can really get to know each other and build lasting friendships
-To act as a line of support for anyone who needs someone to talk to.
We are blessed to a have a large team of dedicated volunteers, who help us put on the amazing events that we do. To join this team, please email email@example.com (Brothers) or firstname.lastname@example.org (Sisters)